Re: Fedora Install Using DVD and HTTP

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Tod wrote:
I have a web server with a DVD drive, and a server with only a CD ROM drive. How can I install fedora on the server over the network using HTTP? I've searched around but haven't found a method that matches my particular situation. Any ideas?

Thanks.

What I did is loop mount the DVD image, and did not bother to burn a DVD. I used /var/www/html/Fedora as my mount point. Then when I was doing the install, I let the installer configure the network, and told it to use http://192.168.1.9/Fedora to install from. You can ether boot from the boot CD for this, or boot from a USB drive. I like using the USB drive because I don't end up with so many CD's for installing old versions. You will have to change 192.168.1.9 to the IP address of your web server.

Way old thread, but I wanted to respond. Thanks everybody for your suggestions, this is the solution that worked for me.

- Tod