Wireless Cards & Drivers

Hi All,

I am one of the lucky laptop owners with a wireless network card that the manufacturers supply a Linux driver for, Ralink Technology.

The driver comes in a tarball and when compiled the driver is rt2860sta.ko

I currently load this driver with a script as follows:

#! /bin/bash
# Script to load and activate ra0 wireless driver
sudo /sbin/insmod /home/graeme/Download/2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/os/linux/rt2860sta.ko
sudo /sbin/ifconfig ra0 up

I used NetworkManager to configure ra0 for my AP and after that NetworkManager automatically connects to my AP as soon as I activate the driver with the above script.

My question to the list is; How can I load and activate the driver as the machine boots? In what directory do I put the driver?

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.
Registered Linux User 381781 (http://counter.li.org/)
-     Logic is an organised way of going wrong with confidence.      -