Re: the proposed super-duper new f10 laptop

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday crashcourse ca> wrote:
>  is there anything i should know about linux compatibility with
> the following:
>
>  * 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon 3450 video

I recently ditched an old Radeon 9200SE for a cheap nVidia card,
because the ATI drivers are so bad.  This might be because the Radeon
9200SE is relatively old, but I'm way happier with nvidia, and will
avoid ATI because of the drivers.

The problems I had were related to dual-head functions.  Your
experience may vary, but I'd definitely get go nvidia.