Re: Wireless Cards & Drivers

Mike wrote:
Graeme Nichols <gnichols <at> tpg.com.au> writes:

I currently load this driver with a script as follows:

#! /bin/bash
# Script to load and activate ra0 wireless driver
sudo /sbin/insmod /home/graeme/Download/2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/os/linux/rt2860sta.ko
sudo /sbin/ifconfig ra0 up

My question to the list is; How can I load and activate the driver as the machine boots? In what directory do I put the driver?

One way would be to put your commands into /etc/rc.local - they will get
executed at the end of the boot process - so once you log in and start
NetworkManager they should already have been executed and the driver loaded

Hi Mike,

Thank you. That worked just great.

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.
Registered Linux User 381781 (http://counter.li.org/)
-              He who laughs last didn't get the joke.               -