Re: Fedora / RedHat - The problem

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 23:51 -0500, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
My Fedora cups / samba server worked before and now it doesnt. Was it an update that broke? I dunno.

Reading /var/log/yum.log would let you see what'd been updated recently.

But this is why RedHat / Fedora is never going to take the upper hand.

Oh bullcrap!  As if the exact sort of thing doesn't happen (surprise
failures) on every other computer platform... it most certainly does.
At least with Linux you stand a much better chance at diagnosing the
fault, because you have proper logs.

Does the creation of *.rpmnew or *.rpmsave files get logged somewhere?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com