Preventing USB automount

I'm having a hard time getting up to speed on how udev and hal handle
removeable USB devices.  I need to configure a system so it will not
automount USB sticks or external USB harddrives.  I do need all other USB
devices such as CAC readers, keyboards, mice etc to function normally.
Just the mass storage stuff needs to be locked out.

Is there an easy rule to create for udev that will turn off that function?
--
*       Stephen Berg       *
*  sberg mississippi com   *