Re: Wireless Cards & Drivers

Ryan Sawhill wrote:
My question to the list is; How can I load and activate the driver as the
machine boots?  In what directory do I put the driver?

If you put the module somewhere like /lib/modules/$(uname
-r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless, then you could just create a file
under /etc/modprobe.d/ that binds it to eth1 (or eth0). Explicitly,
like so:
echo "alias eth1 rt2860sta" > /etc/modprobe.d/ralink

Thank you Ryan,

That works just fine.

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.
Registered Linux User 381781 (http://counter.li.org/)
-  Only two things are infinite. The Universe and Man's stupidity    -
-          And I am not sure about the first.                        -
-                                            Albert Einstein.        -