Re: New RPMFusion dependency problem

On 04.11.2008 02:20, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:36:09 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

I tried to update my F8 system with the new RPMFusion repository today.
On DVDAuthorWizard, I got the following:
Error: Missing Dependency: soc is needed by package DVDAuthorWizard-1.4.6-2.fc8.noarch (rpmfusion-free-updates)
Known thing. It has been in the broken deps reports posted to the packager
and rpmfusion-developers list. Perhaps if you read the replies in those
threads, you find an answer.
Sorry I'm not subscribed to the developers list, I'm a consumer of RPMFusion. And since it was released today, I just followed through with my usual yum updates. Who would have thought that they'd release something that was broken.... My bad.

A repo as big as RPM Fusion always has known bugs -- just like Fedora, Debian and other distros have to say "okay, we need to release now, even if there are know bugs". This is what we decided to do -- especially as RPM Fusion as a whole was in better shape already then Livna was.

CU
knurd