java library deps on custom build

Hi folks,

I've just compiled scilab on my f9 laptop and tried to run it, but get a
lot of libraries missing. Ldd says that some java libs (libjava.so,
libjvm.so) are not found. Those libraries float around
in /usr/lib/java... Shouldn't that mean that theyre found automagically
or do I really have to add every single subfolder to LD_LIBRARY_PATH?