Oracle 11g1 on Fedora 9

success!!!!
....don't depend on any of the internet instructions on how to do this install

all are missing information critical to the install

better to:

otn.oracle.com

look for the forum and see the recent threads I've posted and the answers I've gotten (wow did I learn a lot)

There are even false/missing instructions given even on the Oracle website!