Re: A New fedora user question

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 11:21 -0600, rlengland verizon net wrote:
I ran into a situation with Firefox where I had an older version of
the Adobe flash plugin loaded and loaded a newer one thinking it would
over-write the old one. It loaded in a new location and I ended up having two of them installed

How did you install them to get more than one?  I've not struck that
problem.  I installed the Flash player using the Adobe RPM, and update
it with "yum update", along with everything else.

That's a question I wish I knew the answer to. I've suspected that it may have been drug along during and update but I'm certain. To the best of my recollection, however, I simply installed two versions from Adobe. I have also wondered if they changed to install location but I've spent no time investigating.

I should really keep better logs on that machine.

~~R