Re: help: df slow

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 06Nov2008 08:43, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan gmail com> wrote:
| On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 20:48 +0800, adrian kok wrote:
| > I have more than 10 nfs mount folder in the machine
| > When I type df. it sometimes is slow and sometimes is
| > fine
| > Can I know what is the problem?
| | I think you answered your own question: it's slow because you have 10
| NFS mounts, thus 10 interactions with network-connected servers when you
| do a df.

Also, if one or more is down it can be VERY slow.

df on NFS volumes can be very slow--depending on the network activity
level and the NFS servers' activities.

If you're curious about the local drives only, you can use "df -x nfs"
to exclude NFS filesystems from the df report.
-  Tempt not the dragons of fate, since thou art crunchy and taste   -
-                         good with ketchup.                         -