Re: Error starting Gnome Settings Daemon?

Richard Shaw wrote:
I just logged into my F9 laptop after some recent updates I got an error "Error Starting Gnome Settings Daemon". Relogging nor rebooting helped. I tried moving my .gconf, .gconfd, .gnome2 directories and letting gnome recreate them but it didn't help.

I searched the web but most everything I found was from 2006 or earlier.

Anyone else having this problem or have suggestions?

It could be a permissions issue. Make sure that all of your /home files are readable and writeable by you:

chmod -R u+rw /home/richard

Just a thought.

- Mike