Re: UDF-fs What is it?

Simon Slater wrote:

> My daughter was given a DVD with photos on it.  I can't open it with
> Konqueror. Dmesg says UDF-fs: No fileset found.  What is the problem?
> How do I fix it?

UDF is the file system that is used for rewritable DVD/CDs, that is, ones that support sessions, so that you can write data, then, at a later time, add more, etc, until it is full, and then close (or permanently fix) it.

You need to load the udf kernel module:

sudo /sbin/modprobe udf

Then try 'opening' the disk. It should work now.