Init partition mounting regression?

For some reason (I think it's the fault of "suspend to disk" but have
no evidence) my JFS HDD got corrupted, and boot up just showed
partition mounting as failed, no useful errors could be found in
/var/log/messages or dmesg (by the way, not having boot.log  still
sucks) There wasn't even an indication of which mount point failed --
I found out later when MythTv had failed to record several programs.

Anyways, what ever happened to the system reporting these kind of
issues somewhere? It was a bit extreme, but a machine wouldn't even
boot if a mount point was bad.

Is this a regression? Is this something I should bug? If so, against what?

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )