Confused by xconfig behaviour.

Im confused by xconfig behaviour.

I am on a 64bit Pentium.
If I am running a 32 bit kernel, and I go to build a kernel, I dont see any
32/64
bit options, it just assumes 32bit.
If I am running a 64 bit kernel, and I go to build a kernel, I dont see any
32/64
bit options, it just assumes 64bit.

Shouldnt I be able to build a 64bit kernel while running in 32bit mode?
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg dwf com