Re: Linux backup help

Frank Cox wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:26:34 -0700
Kevin Kempter <kevin kevinkempterllc com> wrote:

I'm awaiting a new linux laptop that will be my primary work machine. I want to implement a strategy that allows me as easily as possible to revert back to a former state. My primary concern is a scenario where I apply system updates and it breaks something that for me is critical.

Have you looked at this?  (I've never used it myself, yet,  but it looks
interesting.)

http://www.mondorescue.org/

Clonezilla-live would be good for this if you have space on a networked machine to hold a compressed disk image.

http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live/

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com