printers go away after each reboot

Hi List;

I'm running Fedora9 in a VM (on a mac via vmware fusion)
Each time I boot I have no printers, I can set one up and print to it fine
both in cups or via the KDE printer dialog however the next time I boot they
are gone.

It was working before, not sure if an update broke it, or if it's something I
did to myself.  Any thoughts on how to debug this ?

Thanks in advance