Re: Firefox off-line in core 9

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:37:10 -0500 (EST)
Phillip <ptho FIREFLY NLM NIH GOV> wrote:

> Since upgrading to core 9 from core 8, my laptops start up firefox in
> "off-line" mode. Changing the value through the menu brings the browser
> into on-line mode, but only for the session.

I discovered that too.  It's something to do with Network Manager.  If you
don't need NM, turn it off and the problem will go away.

Run "firefox network manager" through Google and you'll find all sorts of
write-up about this.

On the good news side, I have F10-beta installed on my laptop, and use NM on
that, and haven't seen this issue there yet.