SOLVED - Re: printers go away after each reboot

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 08:37:46 am Tim Waugh wrote:
> After creating a new queue, does it appear in /etc/cups/printers.conf?
>
> Tim.
> */

I walked through the cups add printer steps.  I saw SE Linux warnings so I
looked at the messages and ran the following per the SE Linux
recommendations:

# restorecon -v '/usr/lib/vmware-tools/bin32/vmware-tpvmlp'

# restorecon -v './printers.conf'

# restorecon -R -v '/var/tmp/kdecache-kkempter/kpc'

After I added the new printer it did in fact show up
in /etc/cups/printers.conf

I rebooted and the printer is still there ! I suspect the restorecon commands
aboe did the trick.

Thanks for the help