Re: Fedora 10 - no longer rawhide?

Jeff Maxwell wrote:
On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 02:24 -0800, Alex Makhlin wrote:

Antonio M wrote:

2008/11/12 David Hláčik <david hlacik eu>:

And which fedora-release do you have ?

rpm -q fedora-release

mine is fedora-release-10-1.noarch

Is this a wanted scenario?

Thanks,

D.

2008/11/12 Antonio M <antonio montagnani gmail com>:

2008/11/12 David Hláčik <david hlacik eu>:

Hello guys,

i noticed yesterday update of fedora-release to
fedora-release-10-1.noarch . Now i've checked yum.repos.d and
surprisingly, fedora-rawhide repo is disabled and fedora.repo is
enabled.

Is this OK?

Regards,

D.

not here.
Rawhide is still enabled and fedora repo disabled

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

[antonio acerF10 ~]$ rpm -q fedora-release
fedora-release-10-1.noarch

There is not yet a Fedora 10 distribution but only the beta Rawhide
(Fedora 10). Here is a great utility I found to upgrade Fedora when
new releases are available. You will first have to install it.

as root type:
yum install preupgrade
preupgrade

So, does these mean that once Fedora 10 is live, and you run 'yum
install preupgrade', it will upgrade, say Fedora 9 to Fedora 10.

That would be so cool.  I've hated having to down load the latest DVD
then installing/upgrading.