Re: Is F9 Security an oxymoron?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Dave Feustel <dfeustel mindspring com> writes:
Would such a proxy cause Firefox and Konqueror to differ in their
ability to retrieve URLs? Most of the URLs that Konqueror doesn't
display are displayed immediately and with no problem when I start
firefox from with konqueror.

Sure.  I'd say all bets are off once companies start playing games.

Really, just look at the traffic. Open up two windows onto the data
and compare both browsers transactions packet by packet.  I'm sure
you'll see differences.  Compare a bunch of different failing web
pages and I'm sure a pattern will emerge.

With the different things ISP's are doing, including "Deep Packet Inspection" and ad insertion, anything is possible. Search and there are a few sites that you can use to check your connection for these factors. I don't have links handy. Search for detecting Deep Packet Inspection or something on that line.

Bell Canada is known to do this on their networks.

Konqueror may be showing the problem.

Robin Laing