Access denied to share

	G'day
		I have a share (/home) on box A,  an external hard-drive attached to
box B to which only root can write.  I can mount A:/home on B and browse
and open the files, but when (as root on B) attempting to copy files
from the mounted share to the external drive I get the error:
cp: cannot access ' /mnt/ipex/home/simon':Permission denied.

I thought that no_root_squash on the share might allow it, but no.  What
have I missed?

Thanks

--
Regards,