Re: Fedora 10 - no longer rawhide?

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>> > as root type:
>> > yum install preupgrade
>> > preupgrade

>> I've read this thread, but still don't understand exactly
>> what preupgrade does.
>> How does it differ at present from "yum update"
>> which seems to change /etc/fedora-release
>> to "Fedora release 10 (Cambridge)"?

> As I understand it, preupgrade analyzes your RPM database and downloads
> the packages you're going to need in order to upgrade to the next
> version. It doesn't install anything. The idea is to save you time when
> you actually do the upgrade. Think of it as a prefetch.

I'm still not clear if preupgrade is actually relevant in my case.
I'm running F10-Snap3-i686-Live-KDE (updated).
An update today changed /etc/fedora-release
to "Fedora release 10 (Cambridge)".
As far as I can see, this automatically makes any changes
necessary to upgrade to Fedora-10,
so it is not clear to me what more preupgrade would do.