ftp and /bin/false

I just migrated from fc4 to the latest cent.

in fc4 i used /bin/false for users that I only wanted ftp access and no shell.

That doesn't work in cent - I have to give them a shell to ftp.

How do I change it so /bin/false can ftp only in cent like it was in fc?

-bazooka

I know this is a cent question but I didn't get any love from that list.