Re: SMB Patch from Microsoft - Samba Shares?

Title: Re: SMB Patch from Microsoft - Samba Shares?

Good morning,

Microsoft has brought out a patch (MS08-068) for the SMB protocol. This patch, patches a flaw which is over 7 years old in the SMB of Windows.

I have a Fedora 9 Samba server running and Windows XP / Vista Clients. Does anyone have any information as to possible problems applying this patch?

Since the patch changes the way SMB authentification is checked / done, I am worried that my clients will not be able to reach their samba shares.

regards

Christian

I can now confirm. On Vista x64 with the above mentioned Windows Patch - Samba connection will not work.

Uninstalling the Patch and everything works fine again.

regards

Christian