Re: VMware Server fails to compile with the new kernel

Paul Smith wrote:
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Kevin J. Cummings
<cummings kjchome homeip net> wrote:
Thanks! After having updated VMware Server to version 2, no error was
returned. However, the problem now is that I do not know how to
operate this new VMware Server; it asks me for a password and for an
username; what username/password is that?
Its the one you configured when you ran vmware-config.pl after you installed
it....  I use my own userid/password, but whatever you use, you will need to
enter it in the browser window when you connect to the server to run a
session.

Thanks, Kevin and Christopher. When trying to run VMware Server, I get
the following:

"The server is not responding. Please check that the server is running
and accepting connections.",

even with Selinux disabled. Any ideas?

Did you start the server?  What does:

/sbin/service vmware status