Re: VMware Server fails to compile with the new kernel

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Kevin J. Cummings
<cummings kjchome homeip net> wrote:
>> Thanks, Kevin and Christopher. When trying to run VMware Server, I get
>> the following:
>>
>> "The server is not responding. Please check that the server is running
>> and accepting connections.",
>>
>> even with Selinux disabled. Any ideas?
>
> Did you start the server?  What does:
>
> /sbin/service vmware status
>
> tell you?

# /sbin/service vmware status
Bridged networking on /dev/vmnet0 is running
Host network detection is not running
Host-only networking on /dev/vmnet1 is running
DHCP server on /dev/vmnet1 is running
Host-only networking on /dev/vmnet8 is running
DHCP server on /dev/vmnet8 is running
NAT networking on /dev/vmnet8 is running
Module vmmon loaded
Module vmnet loaded
#

Paul