Re: VMware Server fails to compile with the new kernel

Paul Smith wrote:
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Kevin J. Cummings
<cummings kjchome homeip net> wrote:
Thanks, Kevin and Christopher. When trying to run VMware Server, I get
the following:

"The server is not responding. Please check that the server is running
and accepting connections.",

even with Selinux disabled. Any ideas?
Did you start the server?  What does:

/sbin/service vmware status

tell you?

# /sbin/service vmware status
Bridged networking on /dev/vmnet0 is running
Host network detection is not running
Host-only networking on /dev/vmnet1 is running
DHCP server on /dev/vmnet1 is running
Host-only networking on /dev/vmnet8 is running
DHCP server on /dev/vmnet8 is running
NAT networking on /dev/vmnet8 is running
Module vmmon loaded
Module vmnet loaded
#

Did you try:

/sbin/service vmware restart

?? I find that once in a while I need to do that in order for the browser page to connect to the server....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com