Re: howto install Type1 fonts system wide?

Waleed Harbi wrote:
All of them under /usr/share/fonts/
you can install the fonts via YUM, yum search fonts ; yum install -y *FONTSNAME*.

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 5:03 AM, sean darcy <seandarcy2 gmail com <mailto:seandarcy2 gmail com>> wrote:

    I have a Type1 font I'd like to install for all users ( so ~/.fonts
    won't work ). How do I do it?

    is there a system-config-fonts or similar?

    sean

Ok, so I set symlinks for the .pfm/.pfa files under /usr/share/fonts. That's it. I don't have mess with the font cache??

yum works great - if you don't collect your own fonts. It's really strange/odd/disappointing that Fedora has no way to manage fonts.

sean