Re: Strange 'find' case?

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Dan Thurman wrote:
So, my question is, how do I get around this issue - to either write
a  script to convert these files to a `sane' encoded characters or
change  something like the Language environment that the OS can
handle any encoded file names?

The default charset used for files is utf-8.  The convmv program can
help you convert filenames from one encoding to another.

If you have filenames that are using ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1), for
example, you might be able to make find happy using something like
this:

LANG=en_US.iso88591 find ...

But fixing the encodings of the filenames seems like a far better
solution.

SUPER!  Thanks for your reply - now that I have some work to do! ;)

Kind regards!
Dan