Re: Upgrade to 64-bit F10

Antonio Olivares wrote:
--- On Sat, 11/15/08, Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs earthlink net> wrote:
FWIW, I've only had one problem with it: lots of
dropouts with streaming sound -- see bugzilla #462026.

-- cmg

--

I did not see those problems that you and others pointed out, but as of two or three days I tried to play music for more than 2 or 3 hours and I encountered them.  The problem seems to be between pulseaudio and alsa.  I play mp3s and oggs on my computer and I choose (-ao alsa) option in mplayer and it skips songs and pulseaudio dies out and refers me to the Wiki for the Perfect setup.  If I let mplayer play by default it works using (oss) and it does not stop and pulseaudio is happy.

Thank you for letting me know about the bugzilla, I know that there are
several, but since I did not encounter these issues, and now I am then I can
certainly comment on them whenever I can.

When you file them in bugzilla you might post the bug# here so people can track it without looking for it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>