Re: f9 Preupgrade stalled?

Dave Feustel wrote:
> Well, I rebooted and the kermel panick. Here are the last few lines before
the system halted:

	Freeing unused kernel memory: 412K freed
	Write protecting the kernel text: 2732K
	Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 1176K
	Faild to execute /iniit
                         ^^^^^^

Is this a typo?  Or does it really say /iniit?

	Kernel panic - not syncing: No Init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

How do I pass the init option to the kernel and what should that option value be?

Thanks.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com