Re: free memory

Steve West wrote:
I am running Fedora 9 x86 64 bit. I have 8 gigs of memory in the system.I wrote a program to malloc 4 gigs of memory space. Free shows nearly the same result before and during the execution of the program. Why does free not show that 4 gigs where allocated and used? How do I show the true memory usage?
You already have. Your program is not using that memory, or using it like a sparse file or something.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>