MPD permissions under Fedora core 9

Hi,
I'm trying to run mpd and icecast under my own username but run into the
problem that udev I think is constantly rewriting the permissions for
/dev/snd
I've made a group audio and I've added myself to it and recursively
changed the group of /dev/snd/*, but next time I boot I have to do it again.

chmod 770 /dev/snd -R && chgrp audio /dev/snd -R
also works.

How can I make udev make /dev/snd/* group audio always?

Thanks!
James