Re: how to remove and reinstall kernel 2.6.27?

M. Fioretti wrote:
Hello everybody,

this is still about the box mentioned in my recent threads "is this
grub.conf correct" and "can't login as root"

The previous attempts to update/fix the system from rescue mode have left
me (don't ask why, please) with
only parts of the last kernel installed, or so it seems

What I mean is that if I run rpm -q kernel I get two lines, one for
2.6.25-14 and one for 2.6.27.5-37

But if I look into /boot/ I see vmlinuz, initrd, systen.map and config
files only of 2.6.25
if still no go:
df -h / /boot ?

{just because I did that myself}.