Re: Turbo Memory

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Turbo Memory
From: Robert L Cochran <cochranb speakeasy net>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 11/16/2008 03:52 PM

It is just about a year ago that Claude submitted the inquiry below. I'm
seriously looking at the Lenovo ThinkPad T500, and it is offering a 2 Gb
Turbo Memory device. Can Fedora 10 use this? Is there an open-source
driver anywhere?

The Lenovo website is saying if I pick this I will have to give up the
integrated Bluetooth PAN, but I assume I can just add a Bluetooth
thingie as an ExpressCard or PC Card. Or maybe I can do the reverse --
keep the integrated PAN and hunt around for an ExpressCard Turbo Memory
thingie...

We already have a technology that's better: Ram Drive

Plus, you could outfit your laptop with a flash drive and run the OS completely off of it without having a single spinning traditional HDD. Google search this though. You'll find the power savings and performance are not worth the money.

TurboMemory is a joke meant to sell Vista.

Why waste a PCMCIA port on a bluetooth adapter? They come in USB form.