Re: f9 Preupgrade stalled?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: f9 Preupgrade stalled?
From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 11/17/2008 09:11 AM

Thanks for the link. I think I have also used Cheapbytes but it was a
at least 5 years ago so I may have the name wrong. I think my problem is
that /boot is not on its own partition and grub isn't quite up to that.
If I could shrink the single partition on the drive, move it and create
a new /boot partition, then move /boot data to the new partition, grub
might then install Rawhide. But it's probably simpler to wait for the
official release.

It is not necessary for boot to be a separate partition..

It is necessary if you wish to use a LVM. Grub 0.9x cannot directly boot into a LVM. Fedora will have to adopt Grub2 first.