Re: Adobe announces 64-bit Flash plugin for Linux (Alpha verson)

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I don't normally forward this kind of thing, but given the amount of
traffic about Flash here I figured this could an excusable exception.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

See also http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/08/11/17/168212.shtml

Indeed it is, though I wish they had an RPM version available. Their instructions say to remove all previous Flash plugins before installing.

I wonder if they will be starting a new repository: adobe-linux-x86_64.repo???? Maybe after they release the 64 bit verision for real? I can only hope so!

This could be the one that opens the floodgates for other x86_84 packages!

poc

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com