Re: Kernel Timeslice

David Timms wrote:
Steve West wrote:
I am running Fedora 9 x86 64 bit. What is the kernel timetick per
thread? How many threads per second does the kernel run?
Probably not quite what you are asking but here goes:
http://kerneltrap.org/node/464

run for a few seconds:
$ vmstat 1

look at system|in = interrupts per second.
this is approximately the interupts per second or timer Hz value.

from the kernel config parameter HZ_1000 etc:
getconf CLK_TCK

I am surprised that the distribution kernel is set so low, and I would have thought it was a tickless kernel by default now.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>