Now What do you do when you blow a Raid 1 disk?

So, software Raid 1 in Fedora is just the bee's knees.   Until a drive actually fails.    Then it's not so much.   How do you get out of this swamp?

What are the steps to take out a dead drive, stuff in a brand new identical disk drive, and get the Raid back going again?   In my case, the system still boots, and has /,  /boot, and /u as three Raid1 filesystems.    Each filesystem is running degraded.

Let's presume my 2nd drive is toast, and I've got a replacement.  What are the steps?    Seems like I can't do anything with mdadm while it's up, because the drives are busy.

In my case, we can assume it's either Core 6 or Core 7 - This all happened when I was cloning drives to test upgrading from 6 to 7.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd.