Re: convert mpa files to mp3 ?

Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> Anyone know if I can use lame (or another tool) to convert iTunes mpa files to
> mp3 format

I did something unheard of....I used google and found more than a few
suggestions.   :-)

One of them was...

The right way to do it is to use mplayer to output a wav file and lame (or something)
to encode to mp3.

$ mplayer file.mpa -ao pcm:fast -vc null -vo null -benchmark
$ lame <your lame options here> audiodump.wav file.mp3