Re: gnome - f10 - root login

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:19:10AM -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> (wait, wouldn't that mean it was unsafe to login
> as any user if I don't want security holes giving
> access to that user's data? :-).

The user's data is irrelevant as he has no control over the box.
Compromise root, and you have control over the box, you have control over
ALL the users, etc, etc.

Surely this doesn't actually have to be explained to you.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds.
 msw cox net |     -- Homer