Re: advice for data recovery

Robin Laing wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Todd Denniston wrote:
Dave Stevens wrote, On 11/10/2008 04:56 PM:
Hello All,

So does anyone know of a program I can use to only copy files that are
not damaged? I can sort out the teenies, but don't see how to proceed
after that.
man ImageMagick
man identify
man convert

I wounder if Jpeg Rescue would help in this case?

http://codesink.org/recover.html

Mikkel

I have not tried identify or convert and will have to test them.

I played with identify and convert (which to my embarrassment are part of ImageMagick) and found identify did provide necessary info. Now working on a script to automate the process.

Of course, identify will list all damaged files as damaged and yet they may be partially usable.

More playing.

--
Robin Laing