Re: No Shutdown Service in Init 1

Steve West wrote:
When I run my service in init 1 there is no shutdown response to the
power off button. What service handles the shutdown of the power off
switch? ACPID?
Steve

Yes, you need acpid running for the power switch to work. It does
not run during run level 1 by default. Run level 1 is normally
reserved for fixing problems on the system, as it outs it in the
single user mode, with root as the user. Only the minimum services
necessary are started.

What else does the ACPI service do?