Re: Jackd Problems -- alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1227061150613.504 msecs

Hello Jonathan,

To get jack running properly you need:
- Planet CCRMA packages (http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/) which are not available for F9 - low latency kernel, Planet CCRMA also provides these, unfortunately not for F9 - zero latency soundcard, an onboard card probably never works without an xrun every now and then

An xrun is indeed a buffer under/overrun and could be caused by numerous things, always hard to put a finger on it. Could be software, hardware. Best is to run jack with a light weight WM like fluxbox or IceWM and to use as little other programs as possible. And to switch to another version of Fedora (like 7 or 8) for which there are Planet CCRMA packages available, otherwise it's no use I think.

Good luck!

Jeremy