Re: Network Card Naming Issue

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Tom Horsley wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:05:54 -0600
"Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:

Take a look at /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
Yep. It happens to other hardware as well. I replaced a dead
DVD drive and spent quite a while tracking down why it came
up as /dev/sr1 instead of /dev/sr0 (similar persistent .rules
file with different name).

Yup - to see the list, you can run:

ls /etc/udev/rules.d/??-persistent-*.rules

Maybe we need to update the program to check if the old hardware has
been removed when adding entries to the persistent rules...

An updated version of kudzu?  Who woulda thought?  :-)
-                   Never try to outstubborn a cat.                  -