Re: How to test cups printer system

Dave Feustel wrote:
I just added my hp2100 laserjet printer to f9.  I then tried to print a
small test file. I get no output (the job is queued tho) plus a warning
message that the printer may not be connected.

Do I need to do something else to get the cups system enabled?

Thanks.

Most HP printers want hplip. Check your /var/log/messages for an error message about a 'back-end'.

# yum install hplip hplip-gui hplip-libs

Afterward, your print job should just happen. Modern USB printers usually need no config at all for CPUS to see it and work. Just plug it in and it should show up in printing dialogs.

Good Luck!