Re: HOW the "H" do you get the Mic working in FC8

Antonio M wrote:
2008/11/21 Da Rock <rock_on_the_web comcen com au>:
On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 18:13 +1100, Simon Slater wrote:
On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 15:35 -0500, Jim wrote:
FC8/KDE
I have gone into Alsamixer selected MIC, enabled, Mic 1 is selected,
what else must I do to get MIC working.
In Kmix all settings are enabled for MIC .
The Mic is the most Frustrating thing to get working in the sound system.
How do you run Pulse to check Mic Settings.
The MIC is also a problem FC10,  submitted  messages to  Fedora-test
and  filed bug report, no body can  help.
Anyhow  back to FC 8 Mic problems.

      Good question.  After reading this post I realized that since
installing F8 I hadn't used the mic either.  I used Kmix and set the
level & clicked the green dot to turn it on.  Works fine.
Try setting the mixer to include capture settings - that helped me with
my recording issues.