Re: HOW the "H" do you get the Mic working in FC8

Jim wrote:
I have gone into Alsamixer selected MIC, enabled, Mic 1 is selected, what else must I do to get MIC working.

Are you trying to make input work with pulseaudio in your system? I have never gotten a mic to work without removing it, and after trying 14-15 methods suggested in various places I have have intention of trying again.

Other wise you should see the mic on alsamixer.

In Kmix all settings are enabled for MIC .
The Mic is the most Frustrating thing to get working in the sound system.
How do you run Pulse to check Mic Settings.

yum erase PulseAudio\*  ;-)

The MIC is also a problem FC10, submitted messages to Fedora-test and filed bug report, no body can help.

Agree, I still have one FC6 system I use when I need mic, and a laptop running FC4 for the same reason. It seems that it either works or doesn't, for no given reason, and no one really knows why, so they assume you're missing something.

Anyhow  back to FC 8 Mic problems.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>